Habitation (HAB) Checks
WHAT’S ALL THIS HABITATION MALARKEY?
Habitation Servicing, varies upon make and model, here at AMC Motorhomes, we advise that it is undertaken annually. Most importantly for the continued safe operation of all components, but also to ensure the dreaded damp isn’t creeping in.
A Motorhome Habitation (HAB) Service compromises of various in-depth checks and tests including:
- 230 Volt Mains Electrics and Appliance testing Inc. RCD/Trips operation
- Water Systems
- Gas Soundness, and Appliance testing, recording safe Carbon Monoxide levels
- Ventilation Levels
- Fire Safety, Smoke/CO² Alarms
- Full Damp Survey, with levels recorded
- 12 Volt Electrics and Battery Testing
WHAT IS AN AWS APPROVED WORKSHOP AND WHAT CAN YOU EXPECT FROM AMC MOTORHOMES?
AMC Motorhomes isn’t AWS approved, however, we follow many of the same guidelines.
Approved Workshops are run by fully-qualified motorhome/caravan servicing professionals. AMC’s technicians have a combined 75 years experience in the motorhome and caravan industry! The scheme is so sure of its standards, that they guarantee all repairs for a minimum of six months and take all reasonable steps to protect the validity of any unexpired warranties. This is also true of AMC.
Along with the requirements for technicians, each workshop must also meet high standards of competency and must comply with an industry Code of Practice. This means that all Approved Workshops will:
- Display a detailed list of prices and labour rates
- Provide an estimate for any additional servicing or repair work over £150
- Give a realistic estimated time for completion and collection
- Use genuine spare parts where available
- Ensure all work is carried out using skill, care and professional judgement
- Always provide you with a checklist of work done
- Not start work without your consent
- Contact you for confirmation to continue if additional work is identified
- Notify you in writing of faults which are not rectified, with an honest assessment of the urgency of the repairs required.
This is all true of AMC too!
With your motorhome being, potentially, stored away for the winter. It's important to consider a habitation check to not only ensure it's safety but that it's ready to be used when the season comes around.
If you would like to book your motorhome in for a habitation check or to find out more, please get in contact on 01323 449146 and ask for the Service Manager.